Rainbow Carrot Cake by Roushanna Gray
2 cups sugar
6 tsp cinnamon
2 cups oil
3 cups flour
6 tsp baking powder
4 cups grated carrots
1 cup mixed raisins
A pinch of salt
Edible flowers to your liking
- Beat the eggs and sugar until creamy and light in colour.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients (except the fruit) and mix well.
- Carefully fold the fruit into the cake mixture and pour into two greased cake tins. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 40 mins or until a knife comes out clean.
- While the cake is cooling, whip up a batch of your favourite lemon/lime buttercream or cream cheese icing, and divide into three. Ice the top of the first cake, adding a layer of chopped strawberries, and cover with more icing.
- Sandwich the second cake on top and dust the sides with icing sugar. Ice the top and decorate with edible flowers.
For more recipes and inspiration for entertaining at home, browse our Living section.
Styling: Sven Alberding for Bureaux
Photography: Warren Heath for Bureaux