Spring Greens Salad
For the salad:
1 cup kale, chopped
1 cup baby spinach, chopped
1 cup mixed lettuce, chopped
1 cup nasturtium leaves, whole
¼ cup green nasturtium seeds
Handful of nasturtium and calendula flowers
For the dressing:
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a big bowl, mix the greens and the dressing well, and set aside for an hour to marinate in its juices.
- Decant into a big salad bowl, sprinkle with nasturtium seeds, and garnish with nasturtium flowers and calendula petals.
Chamomile Cocktails with Flower Ice
For the chamomile syrup:
½ cup dried or fresh chamomile flowers (or 2 chamomile teabags)
½ cup honey
1 cup water
For the cocktail:
3 tbsp chamomile syrup
⅓ cup sparkling wine
- First, place all the ingredients for making the chamomile syrup into a small pot over a low heat.
- Bring to a boil and then gently simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and strain through a sieve, squeezing the syrup out of the plants and teabag with a spoon against the sieve. Decant into a sterilised bottle.
- After the chamomile syrup is finished, pour the syrup and sparkling wine into a glass.
- Top drink with a splash of tonic.
- Add a squeeze of lime and pop in a few flower ice cubes.
For more recipes and entertaining inspiration, browse our Living section.